Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Final Post

I gave myself a pat on the back:) It has been quite a journey. It was good to review things I had forgotten as well as learn new things. As with anything we do, there are pros and cons. I certainly enjoyed creating my blog, but I'm not sure how often I would personally be able to use such a tool or have the time to spend on it. I guess I still prefer to interact with others "face to face." At the same, I do see the use of Blogs as a great tool to effectively communicate with a certain portion of our community if we were able to have one at APL.

Delicious, LibraryThing, and Bloglines are certainly ones that I will continue to use as tools to improve my productivity at work and to keep up to date with what is going on in our profession.

I did have fun doing the exercises, but it was hard to get to at times. This made it somewhat less enjoyable because I didn't feel that I could spend more time exploring some of the tools (in depth) without compromising something else.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to do this. It has certainly been beneficial in that it has forced me to keep up to date with what is happening in our profession and the world today.

Thanks for putting this together and making it possible for us to do!

1 comment:

Amanda Lunn said...

Great job! You definitely deserve that pat on the back and more! You've done a great job! I'm so glad that you took part in this program and so glad that you learned a lot (and had fun too).

Delicious, LibraryThing, and Bloglines are probably the top 3 for me (maybe wikis too). I hope we'll all continue to utilize them and learn from each other.